Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lazy

"Our perception of joy, fear, pain, and beauty are sharpened or dulled by the way we rub against time"- Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts
I've become so lazy and apathetic lately. It's as if my mind is stuffed with cotton. My interests, creativity, and desire to do well are all hidden amongst the piles of dirty clothes I leave haphazardly on my floor. It's far too early to have senioritis...and frankly the sensation feels more serious than that. I'm out of sync and out of line, completely off-track from the person I was. Carelessness with homework is just the beginning of it- I don't even make time for the things I love anymore. Rather than read, write, run, or work on relationships, I watch the life of Kingwood pass through Facebook's eyes. I'm not even that upset, day-to-day, about moving anymore. I think it's just habit. Time to sharpen those senses!

Also, meet my husband (:
Emily Flynn...it sounds nice.

2 comments:

  1. and it's crazy how we are always in the very similar situations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "its as if my mind is stuffed with cotton"
    mmm i feel you. sometimes im sitting in the car watching the trees of kingwood pass through the passenger's seat and just feeling very off track. but this is a normal feeling for me this year. ive definitely just been pushing it alll aside..

    ReplyDelete