I miss knowing that you were nearby, that at any given moment we could get together, bake cookies and eat enough batter to leave us crying in pain.
I really miss you coming over to my house. I used to think that you came by to see me, but I quickly learned my lesson. As I would go downstairs to get some water or talk to Tina, you'd climb right into my bed and go to sleep. It didn't even annoy me...I know how comfortable my bed is.
I miss asking if I can read your texts. I miss asking if I could respond to them for you. I miss you saying no. Or the times when you actually let me.
I miss singing Ahora Es.
I miss singing Swing.
I miss singing Title and Registration.
I miss going to the YMCA to work out, then trying to decide where to grab lunch afterwards. It was almost always Subway. I remember that one time when we went to the Y and you left right in the middle of the work out because you wanted to buy an apple. You actually drove to Randalls. I didn't understand, but I miss it.
The only thing I don't have to miss is being best friends with you, because that hasn't changed. I'll admit, I was scared that it would. I didn't think that we could stay close and keep telling each other everything about everything with so many miles between us. I greatly underestimated the connective powers of Skype and Facebook, and the strength of our friendship. Now I can tell though, it's pretty strong stuff. I don't have to worry about whether or not we'll be friends forever because if we can be best friends in different countries, we can be best friends no matter what.
Thanks for listening to my crappy guitar playing today. I can't wait to see you!
Love, Emil. Emilz. Plu. Whatever...
(te gusta chocolate?)

Emils,
ReplyDeleteI have started a new blog project devoted to photography. I'd love any photo advice you have to offer, so check it out, please. :-) http://maprilproject.blogspot.com.
:-)