Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's starting to make sense.


I had such an amazing night with four of my new friends. After a long day of school, football, incredible pizza and frozen yogurt, a sleepover  seemed the be just the thing we needed. We were well provisioned with lucky charms, peanut m&ms, cheeze-its, and rather suspicious leftover Chinese food. The Parent Trap was the movie selection for the evening. 

As I sat there watching Lindsay Lohan return home to her father's amazing mansion/vineyard  in Northern California, I could not help but laugh at the circumstances I'm now living in. I've seen The Parent Trap more times than I can possibly remember, but not once did it ever occur to me that I would end up living in Northern California myself. How did this happen, and why? I wasn't willing to see any positives at first, but now I know God's blessing me with something amazing by bringing me here. How else would I have met Meredith, Stephanie, Lindsay, Lesley, Missy, or Olivia? They are so awesome, yet I would never have had the gift of their friendship if I stayed in Kingwood. I feel spoiled beyond belief, having a beautiful network of friends in two states. This isn't the terrible exile I had prepared myself for, this is a blessing. Yes, if I were home right now I would die of happiness. However, if I were home right now, I wouldn't have been able to listen to the beautiful song Lesley wrote on her acoustic guitar, and I wouldn't have been able to learn it as we sat in a tent in her backyard. We took turns practicing the masterpiece and alternated the duty of holding up the flashlight for whoever was lucky enough to be holding the guitar at that moment. Meredith, already a song writer, is going to try to come up with some lyrics. I have no doubt that they will be wonderful. Missy's going to make up another guitar part. Though we joked about developing a violin accompaniment, I feel blessed enough just being able to watch Lesley's beautiful song grow. Yes, if I were home right now I would die of happiness. But I wouldn't have heard the song. 

It's a good song.


2 comments: