Saturday, June 27, 2009

I want out of this, immediately.

I had to say a permanent goodbye to two good friends tonight. Not permanent of course, but it's going to be quite a long time before I see them again. It's the beginning of the countless goodbyes I'll have to endure, and I dread them all. Victoria, one of the most inspiring people I've ever met, tried to remind me of how much I'm gaining. She may be right, but all I feel for the moment is loss. This hurts. The worst part is the stress, the constant reminders of the millions of things I should be doing to prepare for my sister's wedding, camp, and the dreaded move. I feel like such an awful sister. A week from today Katie will be married, yet I spend every day away from home trying to absorb every last hour I have in Kingwood. There's just too much stress at home, too much of that draining and powerless feeling. I hate everything about this.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    remember the last time we talked, we spoke of the realness of seasons? how it takes hold of our hearts and we are taken by surprise. Emily seasons change. its natural. and trying to stop it is like trying to grasp the wind. if we tightly clench our fists, we no longer feel coolness against our palms. change is instilled in us.

    it's kind of like how you can't fully appreciate summer until its winter, but you always know that summer will be back. summer will be waiting. it's not going to forget you, just as you could never forget it. summer will always love you. and you will always love summer.

    and everyone knows,
    there is nothing sweeter then being reunited with summer.
    after a freaking cold winter.

    ReplyDelete