Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dear Sister


Okay Katie, despite that one time that you handed me a piece of paint and told me it was a chewy SweeTart, I've always looked up to you as an excellent role model, sister, and friend. I could tell at the start of your freshman year at Baylor that not living in the same house was going to be a huge help for us getting along, and it has been. I feel so blessed to know you, to have always known you, and to watch your beautiful, bright future expand and grow. 

Though I can't imagine ever being in a bad mood while at Baylor, I'm guessing you've had some off days, what with all the changes going on. I'm sure graduating is scary and sad, but hopefully it's terribly exciting as well. That's one major life change, and I know you're dealing with several more. The rest of the fam's peacing out to California, oh- and you're getting married. Basically all this stuffs happening in one swift motion, and I admire how you're handling it- much better than I ever could! You have always been a good example to me and this situation is no different; your strength amazes me.

I'm so sorry that all the moving craziness can occasionally make wedding planning more difficult. I just want you to know it's one of the only things we talk (and pray) about. I'm so excited to be in your wedding- words can't even describe. If there's ever any wedding-related stuff I can do for you, please ask me- I'd love to help out more. So far I've only had one maid-of-honor task, but I'm looking forward to many more!

Just know that I can partially understand the stress you're going through- at least the moving part- and I'm always here for you.

Hope you had an awesome day,
Emil

1 comment: